Friday, May 29, 2009

Love (luhv) - a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person

I don't deserve this- You. I'm not worthy of your comfort, yet you cry with me. I shouldn’t even get close to your protection- but you wrap me inside your arms- inside your thoughts. When I come with nothing, you open your hands, your time, your soul and strongly beckon me with silent caressing looks ‘til I reach your palms and melt into your embrace. You tissue my sodden eyes, grapple my quivering body, and bear the unforgiving weight of time in my stead. Your presence absorbs pain. You claim “uselessness” – curse your claim! ‘Oft I feel as if I cannot breathe without you; when I’m suffocating you come as an ocean of oxygen. Curse your claim! When I’m standing on the fringe of pain, primed to let go of my balance and collapse into the space void of hope, your body, anchored in sanity and sweet truth envelopes mine and grounds me so fast on the certainties of the Divine. Your nearness is enough- but you do not stay distant enough to be near. You crowd my breath and challenge it with who is closer. The dimensions of your beauty seem perpetual, the span of your love…incalculable.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Heidi, I'm so glad I came across your blog here. I can relate to this post so much, and I am once again blown away by the human love I've been blessed with and the deep awe it instills for a Love that is even so much greater.

    Carrie H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, you have a blog??

    Heidi, I love this! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete